Very fresh and light. Perfect for a summer's meal appetizer using ingredients from the Farmers Market and garden. I used yellow squash & herbs from my garden and goat cheese from the Farmers market.
Grilled Zucchini Roll-Ups With Herbs and Cheese
More From Health
- Calories: 80
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 3g
- Carbohydrate: 5g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 106mg
- Calcium: 45mg
- 3 small zucchini (about 1/2 pound each), cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1/16 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 1/2 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 ounces bagged baby spinach (2 cups lightly packed)
- 1/3 cup basil leaves
- 1. Preheat grill or grill pan to medium.
- 2. Discard the outermost slices of zucchini; brush the rest with oil on both sides. Sprinkle the zucchini slices with salt and pepper. Grill until tender, about 4 minutes per side. You can prepare the zucchini a day ahead and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the goat cheese, parsley, and lemon juice, mashing together with a fork.
- 4. Put 1/2 teaspoon of the cheese mixture about 1/2 inch from the end of a zucchini slice. Top with a few spinach leaves and a small (or half of a large) basil leaf. Roll up and place seam side down on a platter. Repeat with remaining zucchini slices. You can make these up to a day in advance; store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note