- 2 zucchini (about 3/4 pound), each cut diagonally into 12 slices
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic glaze
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 heirloom tomatoes, each cut into 6 (1/4-inch-thick) slices
- 3 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 16 slices
- 16 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Fresh basil leaves
- calories 86
- fat 6.7 g
- satfat 2.4 g
- monofat 2.5 g
- polyfat 0.5 g
- protein 3 g
- carbohydrate 4 g
- fiber 1 g
- cholesterol 8 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 157 mg
- calcium 18 mg
How to Make It
Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
Coat both sides of zucchini with cooking spray. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Arrange on grill; grill 4 minutes on each side.
Combine oil, glaze, garlic, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
Arrange 8 tomato slices on a platter; top each with 1 zucchini slice, 1 tomato slice, and 1 cheese slice. Top each stack with 1 zucchini slice, 1 tomato slice, 1 cheese slice, and 1 zucchini slice. Drizzle balsamic dressing evenly over stacks; sprinkle with cherry tomatoes and basil.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.