Very good grilled zucchini recipe. Quick, easy, tasty...this may become my quick go-to for a quick grilled zucchini side dish. I should point out that I didn't have any dried mint and added a sprinkling of fresh grated Parmesan as well.
More From Health
- Calories: 88
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 2g
- Carbohydrate: 5g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 107mg
- Calcium: 30mg
- 2 medium (about 12 ounces) green zucchini, ends trimmed and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 2 medium (about 12 ounces) yellow zucchini, ends trimmed and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried mint flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges
- 1. Arrange zucchini on a baking sheet; drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil, turning zucchini several times to coat both sides with oil. Sprinkle on both sides with garlic, oregano, mint, salt, and red and black peppers.
- 2. Set up your grill for direct grilling, and preheat to high. If you'll be using a vegetable grate, preheat it as well.
- 3. Arrange zucchini on grill or grate, and cook 3-4 minutes per side or until browned. Transfer to a platter, and arrange in an attractive pattern. Drizzle 1 tablespoon oil over zucchini; garnish with lemon wedges. Serve hot or at room temperature.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note