- 2 medium (about 12 ounces) green zucchini, ends trimmed and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 2 medium (about 12 ounces) yellow zucchini, ends trimmed and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried mint flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges
- calories 88
- fat 7 g
- satfat 1 g
- monofat 5 g
- polyfat 1 g
- protein 2 g
- carbohydrate 5 g
- fiber 2 g
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
- iron 1 mg
- sodium 107 mg
- calcium 30 mg
How to Make It
Arrange zucchini on a baking sheet; drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil, turning zucchini several times to coat both sides with oil. Sprinkle on both sides with garlic, oregano, mint, salt, and red and black peppers.
Set up your grill for direct grilling, and preheat to high. If you'll be using a vegetable grate, preheat it as well.
Arrange zucchini on grill or grate, and cook 3-4 minutes per side or until browned. Transfer to a platter, and arrange in an attractive pattern. Drizzle 1 tablespoon oil over zucchini; garnish with lemon wedges. Serve hot or at room temperature.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.