Great weeknight meal that is delicious, healthy and easy to prepare.
Grilled Yogurt Chicken with Cucumber Salad
Photo: Leo Gong; Styling: Randy Mon
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 245
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Protein: 39g
- Fat: 6.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Carbohydrate: 6.2g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Sodium: 383mg
- Cholesterol: 98mg
- 4 boned, skinned chicken breast halves (about 1 1/2 lbs.)
- 1 1/4 cups plain whole-milk yogurt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- About 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red chile flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- About 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 English cucumber, cut into 1/4-in. dice
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot (1 medium)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Rinse chicken and pat dry. Trim any fat and remove the tender from each breast (reserve for another use). Working 2 at a time, arrange chicken between layers of plastic wrap. With a meat mallet or rolling pin, pound meat to an even thickness of 1/4 in.
- 2. Prepare a grill for direct high heat (about 500°; you can hold your hand 5 in. above cooking grate only 2 to 3 seconds). If using charcoal, spread half-lit coals in firegrate, top with cooking grate to preheat, and let heat build to high.
- 3. In a medium bowl, combine yogurt, cumin, lemon juice, 3/4 tsp. salt, the chile flakes, and turmeric. Set aside 1/2 cup yogurt mixture. Add chicken to bowl, flip to coat on both sides, and let sit at room temperature 10 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate, wiping off excess marinade; rub lightly with oil on both sides.
- 4. Using metal tongs, wipe cooking grate with oiled paper towels. Grill chicken, covered, 3 to 4 minutes. Turn over, cover, and cook 2 to 3 minutes more. Transfer to a clean plate and season with salt.
- 5. In a serving bowl, combine cucumber, shallot, mint, reserved 1/2 cup yogurt mixture, and salt and pepper to taste. Serve chicken with cucumber salad.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This