Perfect summer supper. Light, fresh, flavorful. And if you grill outdoors, minimal clean-up and the kitchen stays cool. What more could you need?
Grilled Yellowfin Tuna with Romaine and Tropical Fruit
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 292
- Fat: 5.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 39.8g
- Carbohydrate: 21.5g
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Cholesterol: 74mg
- Iron: 2.1mg
- Sodium: 362mg
- Calcium: 66mg
- 4 cups packaged chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 cups chopped fresh pineapple
- 1 cup refrigerated presliced mango, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 8 (3-ounce) Yellowfin tuna steaks
- Cooking spray
- 4 lime wedges (optional)
- 1. Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl; add 1 teaspoon oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper, tossing to combine.
- 2. Heat a large heavy grill pan over medium-high heat. Rub remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil over tuna; sprinkle tuna evenly with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add tuna to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Arrange 1 1/2 cups salad on each of 4 plates; top each serving with 2 tuna steaks. Serve with lime wedges, if desired.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note