Amazing and simple!
Grilled Wild Salmon and Vegetables
You often can find different varieties of locally grown onions at farmers' markets and occasionally at supermarkets. Hastings likes to use specialty onions, including red torpedo, bianco de maijio, and gold coin. Here, we call for more readily available varieties. Use a grill basket to cook the fish and vegetables.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 307
- Calories from fat: 47%
- Fat: 16.2g
- Saturated fat: 4.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 8.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.6g
- Protein: 24.3g
- Carbohydrate: 15.7g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Cholesterol: 57mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 515mg
- Calcium: 65mg
- 8 fingerling potatoes (about 8 ounces)
- 4 small red onions, cut into 1-inch slices (about 1 pound)
- 4 Vidalia spring onions, quartered (about 8 ounces)
- 4 cipollini onions (about 4 ounces)
- 2 cups sliced fennel (about 7 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon extravirgin olive oil
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped fennel fronds
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
- 2 cups pea tendrils or baby spinach
- 1/4 cup Preserved Lemon Vinaigrette
- Prepare grill.
- Place potatoes in a large pan of boiling water; cook 8 minutes or until tender. Add onions and sliced fennel; cook 3 minutes or until onions are tender. Drain and plunge into ice water; drain.
- Toss vegetables with oil. Place vegetables on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes on each side or until tender and lightly browned. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, fennel fronds, and parsley.
- Sprinkle salmon with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place salmon on grill rack coated with cooking spray, and grill 5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness. Place 1 salmon fillet onto each of 4 plates. Toss pea tendrils with Preserved Lemon Vinaigrette. Place about 1/2 cup pea tendril mixture over salmon. Add 1 1/2 cups grilled vegetables to each serving, and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This