Fire up the grill for light and refreshing Grilled Watermelon and Shrimp. It's the perfect summertime go-to meal for casual gatherings.
Coastal Living MAY 2012
1. Preheat grill to high heat (400° to 450°).
2. Combine sugar and 2 cups water in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Transfer 1 1/2 cups syrup to a bowl; set aside.
3. Add bell peppers and next 3 ingredients to remaining syrup in saucepan. Simmer over medium heat 25 to 30 minutes or until liquid is syrupy and peppers are tender.
4. Meanwhile, combine shrimp, 2 tablespoons oil, lime juice, and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Grill shrimp 4 minutes on each side or until cooked through; set aside.
5. Brush each side of watermelon with reserved syrup and remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Grill 1 minute on each side.
6. Arrange watermelon and shrimp on serving plates, squeeze lime over watermelon and shrimp, and top with pepper marmalade. Garnish, if desired.
Go to Full Version of