Grilled Watermelon, Mint, and Feta Salad
This Grilled Watermelon, Mint, and Feta Salad is the perfect to a summer main dish.
More From Health
- Calories: 122
- Fat: 4.7g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 3g
- Carbohydrate: 19g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 208mg
- Calcium: 79mg
- 1 small watermelon (about 6 pounds), cut into 1-inch-thick rounds (lay melon on its side, and cut through rind and flesh with a sharp knife)
- 1/2 cup small mint leaves, torn
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled into large chunks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1. Heat a grill or grill pan over high heat until very hot. Two at a time, grill watermelon rounds, turning once, until charred (about 2-3 minutes per side). Transfer watermelon to a cutting board and remove rind; cut rounds into wedges.
- 2. Arrange watermelon on a serving platter; sprinkle with mint and feta. Drizzle with olive oil and vinegar, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note