Unique flavors blended.
Grilled Watermelon with Blue Cheese and Prosciutto
Blue cheese and salty prosciutto pair well with sweet melon in this sweet-savory side dish of Grilled Watermelon with Blue Cheese and Prosciutto. Grilling the watermelon enhances that sweetness and adds a touch of smoky flavor. Brushing the wedges with oil keeps them from sticking to the grill.
More From Southern Living
Total: 20 Minutes
- 3 (1/2-inch-thick) watermelon rounds, quartered
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- Fresh basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons bottled balsamic glaze
- 1. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Brush both sides of each watermelon quarter with olive oil, and season with desired amount of salt and pepper. Cut prosciutto into thin strips.
- 2. Grill watermelon quarters, without grill lid, 1 minute on each side or until grill marks appear.
- 3. Transfer watermelon to a serving plate; top with blue cheese, prosciutto strips, and fresh basil. Drizzle watermelon with balsamic glaze. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note