Grilled Vidalia Onion with Orange Honey Vinaigrette
The sweet flavors of orange juice and honey balance out the bite of the red wine vinegar.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pinch(s) ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) honey or brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1/4 cup(s) orange juice
- 2 teaspoon(s) red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 large Vidalia onions, cut into 8 1/2 inch thick slices
- Preheat outdoor grill or broiler. Place Vidalia slices on a grill or broiler pan. Grill until sightly softened and golden brown, about 3 minutes; turn and cook until tender, about 3 minutes longer.
- To prepare dressing, combine orange juice, oil, vinegar, honey, salt and black pepper in a small bowl; spoon over grilled onions.
- Serve, if desired, on a bed of spinach leaves topped with chopped tomatoes and drizzled with dressing.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LeeHeck and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Grilled Vidalia Onion with Orange Honey Vinaigrette Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables