this got mixed reviews in my family. my husband loved it, while the rest of the family did not.
Grilled Vidalia Onion Salad
Juicy heirloom tomatoes and a tangy vinaigrette pair with the sugary-sweet Vidalia onion in this fast and easy Grilled Vidalia Onion Salad.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 22 Minutes
- Calories: 177
- Fat: 12.7g
- Saturated fat: 2.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 8.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 4.6g
- Carbohydrate: 11.9g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Cholesterol: 93mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 378mg
- Calcium: 47mg
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 8 Vidalia onion bulbs (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 12 heirloom cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1. Preheat charcoal or gas grill to medium heat.
- 2. Rub 1 tablespoon olive oil evenly over onions. Sprinkle evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Grill 6 minutes or until well marked and greens are tender, turning occasionally. Cool completely.
- 3. Combine Dijon mustard and vinegar in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Gradually add remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, stirring with a whisk. Stir in parsley, tarragon, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- 4. Arrange 2 onions on each of 4 plates, and top evenly with tomatoes. Drizzle 1 tablespoon vinaigrette over each salad; top evenly with sliced eggs and minced chives.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This