- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 8 Vidalia onion bulbs (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 12 heirloom cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- calories 177
- fat 12.7 g
- satfat 2.2 g
- monofat 8.3 g
- polyfat 1.6 g
- protein 4.6 g
- carbohydrate 11.9 g
- fiber 1.8 g
- cholesterol 93 mg
- iron 1 mg
- sodium 378 mg
- calcium 47 mg
How to Make It
Preheat charcoal or gas grill to medium heat.
Rub 1 tablespoon olive oil evenly over onions. Sprinkle evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Grill 6 minutes or until well marked and greens are tender, turning occasionally. Cool completely.
Combine Dijon mustard and vinegar in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Gradually add remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, stirring with a whisk. Stir in parsley, tarragon, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Arrange 2 onions on each of 4 plates, and top evenly with tomatoes. Drizzle 1 tablespoon vinaigrette over each salad; top evenly with sliced eggs and minced chives.