- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ears fresh corn, shucked
- 2 small zucchini (about 16 ounces total), cut in half lengthwise
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 4 bacon strips
- 10 ounce cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 cup cooked lima beans
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
How to Make It
Preheat grill to medium-high heat (350° to 400°). Melt butter in a small saucepan; stir in oil.
Brush corn, zucchini, and onion with half the oil-butter mixture, and place on greased grill grate. Place bacon strips off to the side on grate.
Grill corn 8 to 10 minutes, onion 8 minutes, and zucchini 5 to 7 minutes, turning and basting all vegetables several times; remove vegetables as they are done. Grill bacon about 5 minutes on each side. Remove bacon, and set aside with vegetables until cool enough to handle.
Add tomatoes to grill; grill 3 to 5 minutes, basting with remaining oil-butter mixture.
Cut kernels from corn, and place in a large bowl. Chop zucchini, onion, and bacon; add to bowl. Stir in tomatoes and lima beans.
Stir together vinegar and next 3 ingredients. Pour over succotash; toss well.