Grilled Veggie Pizzas
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 458
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 14.5g
- Saturated fat: 5.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 17.8g
- Carbohydrate: 63g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Cholesterol: 23mg
- Iron: 4.6mg
- Sodium: 326mg
- Calcium: 266mg
- 1 package dry yeast (about 2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 1 1/2 cups warm water (100° to 110°)
- 2 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil
- 4 cups all-purpose flour, divided (about 18 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- 2 large zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch strips (about 1 pound)
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 1/4-inch rings
- 1 large onion, halved and cut into 1/2-inch slices (about 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon extravirgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 tablespoons (about 1 1/2 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella
- 6 tablespoons (about 1 1/2 ounces) shredded Gruyère cheese
- To prepare dough, dissolve yeast in warm water in a large bowl. Stir in 2 tablespoons oil, and let stand 5 minutes. Lightly spoon all-purpose flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Add 3 1/2 cups flour and salt to yeast mixture; stir until a dough forms. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic (about 10 minutes); add enough of remaining flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, to prevent dough from sticking to hands.
- Place dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 1 hour or until doubled in size. (Gently press two fingers into dough. If indentation remains, dough has risen enough.) Punch dough down; cover and let rest 5 minutes.
- Prepare grill.
- While dough rises, prepare topping. Place zucchini, bell peppers, and onion in a large bowl; stir in 1 tablespoon oil and black pepper, tossing well. Place on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 5 minutes on each side or until tender. Remove from grill; stir in garlic.
- Divide dough into 6 equal portions, pressing each portion into a 7-inch round. Coat both sides of dough rounds with cooking spray. Place 3 dough rounds on grill rack. Grill 4 minutes or until puffed and golden. Remove from grill. Turn rounds over; top each round with 1 tablespoon mozzarella, about one-sixth of vegetables, and 1 tablespoon Gruyère cheese. Place topped rounds on grill. Cover and cook 1 1/2 minutes or until bottoms are browned. Repeat procedure with remaining 3 dough rounds, vegetables, and cheeses.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This