These were good - even my finicky teenager loved it (and she's not big on veggies). I used whole wheat tortillas. I also added some chopped fresh basil to the veggies while tossing in the oil just before assembly. I grilled the veggies on our Traeger BBQ using a grill basket for 10 minutes on each side at 425. Nice quick and easy weeknight meal.
Grilled Veggie and Hummus Wraps
Make the most of summer's fresh vegetables and grilling by preparing Grilled Veggie and Hummus Wraps to take along on a picnic. Serve up these wraps with a side of potato or pasta salad.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 20 Minutes
- Calories: 356
- Fat: 22.7g
- Saturated fat: 3.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 13.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 4.4g
- Protein: 16.8g
- Carbohydrate: 35.4g
- Fiber: 15.3g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- Iron: 3.6mg
- Sodium: 788mg
- Calcium: 156mg
- 4 (1/2-inch-thick) slices red onion
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and quartered
- 1 (12-ounce) eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (8-ounce) container plain hummus
- 4 (1.9-ounce) whole-grain flatbreads (such as Flatout Light)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Avocado-Butter Lettuce Salad
- 1. Heat a large grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush onion, bell pepper, and eggplant with 1 tablespoon oil. Add onion and bell pepper to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until grill marks appear. Remove from pan. Add eggplant to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until grill marks appear. Remove from pan; coarsely chop vegetables. Combine vegetables, remaining 1 tablespoon oil, parsley, and salt; toss to combine.
- 2. Spread 1/4 cup hummus over each flatbread, leaving a 1/2-inch border around edges. Divide vegetables over each flatbread; top each serving with 2 tablespoons cheese. Roll up wraps, and cut diagonally in half.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note