I was excited to try this dish, but it was a big disappointment. Forget the radicchio -- very bitter. Sauce was okay -- maybe with different vegetable mix.
Grilled Vegetables with Yogurt-Tahini Sauce
Photo: Randy Mayor; Styling: Kellie Gerber Kelley
Serve with grilled flatbread or pita for a complete vegetarian meal.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1/2 tomato, 2 eggplant wedges, 1 radicchio quarter, 6 mushroom halves, and about 1/4 cup sauce)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 249
- Fat: 14.2g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 8.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.8g
- Protein: 11.7g
- Carbohydrate: 23.7g
- Fiber: 8.6g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 350mg
- Calcium: 86mg
- 1 cup plain fat-free Greek-style yogurt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon hot Spanish smoked paprika
- 12 large button mushrooms, halved
- 2 tomatoes, halved horizontally
- 1 large eggplant (about 1 1/2 pounds) cut lengthwise into 8 wedges
- 1 head radicchio, quartered
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- 1. Preheat grill to high heat using both burners. After preheating, turn the left burner to medium heat (leave right burner on high heat).
- 2. Combine first 5 ingredients and 1/4 teaspoon salt, stirring with a whisk.
- 3. Combine oil and paprika in a small bowl. Brush oil mixture evenly over mushrooms, tomatoes, eggplant, and radicchio. Sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- 4. Arrange vegetables on right side of grill rack (over high heat); grill vegetables 8 minutes or until just tender, turning once. Move any vegetables to left side of grill rack (over medium heat) if they get done more quickly. Place vegetables on a platter. Sprinkle with chopped parsley, if desired. Serve with sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes