Grilled Vegetables with Cilantro Butter
Photo: William Dickey; Styling: Mary Lyn Hill
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 ears fresh corn, unshucked
- Cilantro Butter
- 4 medium tomatoes, halved
- 4 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch-thick slices
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Garnish: fresh cilantro sprigs
- Soak corn in water to cover 1 hour. Peel back corn husks, leaving husks attached. Remove silks.
- Spread Cilantro Butter evenly over corn, tomato, and zucchini; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pull husks over corn, and twist ends tightly. Place tomato and zucchini in a grill basket.
- Grill vegetables, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 10 to 15 minutes or until zucchini and tomato are tender, turning corn often. Grill corn 5 to 10 more minutes or until tender. (Husk edges will blacken.) Remove husks. Serve vegetables immediately. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Grilled Vegetables with Cilantro Butter Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining, Kid-Friendly
- CUISINE: American, Southwest
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Vegetables
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Meatless
- COOKING METHOD: Grill
- OCCASION: Summer, Birthdays/Anniversaries, Father's Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Memorial Day
- PUBLICATION: Southern Living