Grilled Vegetable Sandwiches
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 zucchini
- 1 medium-size purple onion
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup KIKKOMAN Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (11- x 9-inch) focaccia
- Herbed Goat Cheese
- Cut zucchini diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices; cut onion into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Cut bell peppers into 1-inch-wide strips.
- Stir together soy sauce and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl; add vegetables, tossing gently to coat. Let mixture stand at room temperature 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Coat food rack with cooking spray; place on grill over medium-high heat (350° to 400°). Arrange marinated vegetables on rack, and grill, without grill lid, 6 to 8 minutes on each side.
- Trim 1/2 inch from each end of focaccia, and cut bread into 4 equal squares. Slice each square horizontally in half. Toast bread on grill, if desired. Spread cut sides evenly with Herbed Goat Cheese; place grilled vegetables evenly on bottom halves of bread, and then top with remaining bread. Serve sandwiches immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches