- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon dried herbes de Provence
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch rounds
- 2 summer squash, cut into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1 red onion, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 fennel bulb, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 (16-ounce) French bread loaf, sliced in half lengthwise
- Cracked pepper, to taste
- 4 slices provolone cheese
How to Make It
Preheat grill to 400°. Mix 1/4 cup olive oil with herbes de Provence and salt, and brush on vegetables.
Grill vegetables 10 minutes or until soft. Brush bread with remaining olive oil, and sprinkle with pepper. Grill bread, cut sides down, 3 to 4 minutes or until crispy.
Assemble vegetables and cheese on half of the French bread loaf. Close sandwich, and grill until cheese melts. Slice and serve immediately.