Open-Face Grilled Vegetable Sandwich
More From Health
- Calories: 355
- Fat: 21g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 12g
- Carbohydrate: 29g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 19mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 285mg
- Calcium: 226mg
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for grill grates
- 4 1/2-inch-thick slices country bread
- 2 6-inch sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 small clove garlic, sliced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta
- 4 cups mixed grilled vegetables such as eggplant, zucchini, peppers, tomatoes
- 1. Heat grill; lightly oil grates. Grill bread and rosemary, turning often, until rosemary is lightly charred and bread has grill marks, about 1 minute for rosemary and 2 minutes for bread.
- 2. Strip leaves from rosemary; set aside 2 tsp. Purée garlic, remaining rosemary, vinegar and oil in a blender until smooth.
- 3. Top bread slices with ricotta and vegetables. Spoon vinaigrette over and sprinkle with reserved rosemary.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note