Very simple and full of flavor! I used low-fat blue cheese crumbles for a lighter dressing and it turned out great!
Grilled Vegetable Salad with Creamy Blue Cheese Dressing
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 144
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 4.7g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 6.8g
- Carbohydrate: 20.4g
- Fiber: 5.2g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Iron: 2.4mg
- Sodium: 497mg
- Calcium: 187mg
- 1/3 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 pound sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1/4 pound carrots, peeled and cut diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick pieces
- 1 cup (1/2-inch-thick) slices red onion
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 6 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced radishes
- To prepare dressing, combine first 6 ingredients, stirring with a whisk until well blended. Cover and chill.
- Prepare grill to medium heat.
- To prepare salad, cook beans, peas, and carrots in boiling water 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and plunge into ice water; drain. Place mixture in a large bowl, and add onion slices. Lightly coat vegetable mixture with cooking spray. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon pepper and garlic salt; gently toss to coat.
- Place vegetable mixture in a wire grilling basket coated with cooking spray. Place grilling basket on grill rack, and grill 7 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Arrange 1 1/2 cups of lettuce on each of 4 salad plates. Divide the grilled vegetables and radishes evenly among servings. Serve 1/4 cup dressing with each salad.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note