I found this delicious and easy to make. I had green pepper, red pepper, onion and crimini mushrooms; they all worked great on my indoor grill. I tossed with olive oil salt and pepper before grilling. No case so Cresco so I just use better cheese. This will be a new staple for all the garden fresh vegetables I get all summer long!
Grilled Vegetable Salad
Tailor the types of vegetables to the bounty of your garden or that of farmers' market vendors. Thin asparagus spears may need to cook only four minutes.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: about 3/4 cup salad and 1 tablespoon cheese)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 77
- Calories from fat: 36%
- Fat: 3.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 3.6g
- Carbohydrate: 9.7g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 184mg
- Calcium: 48mg
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extravirgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces asparagus, trimmed
- 2 (4-inch) portobello mushroom caps (about 6 ounces)
- 1 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 yellow squash, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 red bell pepper, halved and seeded
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 6 tablespoons crumbled queso fresco
- 1. Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- 2. To prepare vinaigrette, combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl; set aside.
- 3. To prepare salad, coat asparagus, mushrooms, zucchini, squash, onion, and bell pepper with cooking spray. Place vegetables on grill rack; grill 4 minutes on each side or until slightly blackened. Remove vegetables from grill; cool slightly. Cut vegetables into 1-inch pieces.
- 4. Add vegetables, basil, chives, and parsley to vinaigrette; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads