I made this on a family camping trip and it was a huge hit! Our twelve year old and six year old both raved about it! The flavors blend together so well...just made it a second time at home for an easy summer meal. I substituted the prosciutto for the anchovies, but followed everything else as written. Wouldn't change a thing.
Grilled Vegetable Pizzas with Anchovies
More From Cooking Light
Total: 30 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 329
- Fat: 10.9g
- Saturated fat: 3.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 15g
- Carbohydrate: 42g
- Fiber: 7g
- Cholesterol: 21mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 760mg
- Calcium: 94mg
- 10 ounce refrigerated fresh pizza dough
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 large zucchini, sliced lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, grated
- 2 ounces Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated (about 1/2 cup)
- 2/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1 1/2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1.5 ounces anchovies, drained and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Preheat grill to high heat.
- 2. Divide dough into 4 equal portions. Roll each portion into a 7-inch circle on a floured surface. Place dough on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray and sprinkled with 1 tablespoon cornmeal. Place pizza dough rounds, cornmeal side up, on a grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 90 seconds or until blistered. Turn dough; grill 1 minute. Remove from grill. Place zucchini on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 2 minutes on each side. Remove to a cutting board; cut into 1-inch pieces.
- 3. Combine oil and garlic in a small bowl; brush evenly over top of dough rounds. Sprinkle rounds evenly with Parmigiano-Reggiano. Top with zucchini, onion, and tomatoes, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Arrange anchovies over tomatoes; top with mozzarella cheese.
- 4. Reduce grill temperature to medium. Carefully return pizzas to grill; grill 4 minutes or until cheese melts and toppings are hot. Remove from grill. Sprinkle with basil, lemon juice, and black pepper before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note