This recipe was fantastic! I grilled my veggies on skewers before chopping and adding them to the pasta salad. The leftovers are even better for lunch the next day.
Grilled Vegetable-Pesto Pasta Salad
More From Allyou
Chill: 2 Hours
Amount per serving
- Calories: 460
- Fat: 23g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Protein: 16g
- Carbohydrate: 47g
- Fiber: 9g
- Cholesterol: 17mg
- Sodium: 816mg
- 1 zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch-wide pieces
- 1 yellow squash, cut into 1/2-inch-wide pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, cut into 1-inch-thick slices
- 1 red onion, cut into 3/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 3 cups whole-grain farfalle or penne
- 1 15.5-oz. can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 7-oz. container refrigerated pesto (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup grated pecorino Romano
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1. Preheat grill to medium heat (300ºF to 350ºF). In a large bowl, toss zucchini, squash, bell pepper, onion and Italian seasoning with 1 Tbsp. olive oil. Lightly brush grill rack with oil. Grill vegetables, covered, until lightly charred in spots but still crisp-tender, 4 to 6 minutes on each side. Remove vegetables, let cool and chop. Cover and set aside.
- 2. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta until al dente, about 10 minutes or as package label directs. Drain.
- 3. Toss pasta, vegetables, beans, pesto, cheese, 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper to combine. Cover and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, at least 2 hours. Drizzle with remaining olive oil and lemon juice just before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note