- 1 zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch-wide pieces
- 1 yellow squash, cut into 1/2-inch-wide pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, cut into 1-inch-thick slices
- 1 red onion, cut into 3/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 3 cups whole-grain farfalle or penne
- 1 15.5-oz. can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 7-oz. container refrigerated pesto (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup grated pecorino Romano
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- calories 460
- fat 23 g
- satfat 5 g
- protein 16 g
- carbohydrate 47 g
- fiber 9 g
- cholesterol 17 mg
- sodium 816 mg
How to Make It
Preheat grill to medium heat (300ºF to 350ºF). In a large bowl, toss zucchini, squash, bell pepper, onion and Italian seasoning with 1 Tbsp. olive oil. Lightly brush grill rack with oil. Grill vegetables, covered, until lightly charred in spots but still crisp-tender, 4 to 6 minutes on each side. Remove vegetables, let cool and chop. Cover and set aside.
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta until al dente, about 10 minutes or as package label directs. Drain.
Toss pasta, vegetables, beans, pesto, cheese, 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper to combine. Cover and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, at least 2 hours. Drizzle with remaining olive oil and lemon juice just before serving.