This was a yummy recipe that I will definitely make again. Used GF no bake noodles that came out the same as all no bake noodles (crunch still around the edge of the dish.) I made my own marinara using fire roasted canned toms, and would have liked more because I didn't have make 26 oz of sauce, so its just a tad dry. I also used the recipes called for amount of zuch and eggplant, but in equal measures instead of being eggplant heavy. Looking forward to the leftovers already!
Grilled Vegetable Lasagna
Grilling the vegetables deepens their flavors, which makes for a delicious vegetarian entrée. To speed preparation, use no-boil lasagna noodles; the baking time remains the same.
Yield: 10 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 318
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 10.4g
- Saturated fat: 4.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 15.2g
- Carbohydrate: 41.9g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- Iron: 2.7mg
- Sodium: 728mg
- Calcium: 269mg
- 3 eggplants, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices (about 3 pounds)
- 3 zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/8-inch slices (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 red bell peppers, quartered and seeded
- 1 (15-ounce) container fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup grated Asiago cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 9 lasagna noodles, divided
- 1 (26-ounce) jar tomato-basil spaghetti sauce (such as Muir Glen), divided
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup commercial pesto (such as Alessi)
- Preheat grill.
- Coat eggplants and zucchini with cooking spray. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Grill eggplant and zucchini 1 1/2 minutes on each side or just until tender. Cool; combine in a large bowl.
- Place bell peppers on grill, skin-side down; grill 3 minutes or until tender. Cut into (1-inch-wide) strips. Add bell peppers to eggplant mixture.
- Combine ricotta cheese, egg, 1/2 cup Asiago cheese, basil, parsley, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
- Cook the lasagna noodles according to package directions, omitting the salt and the fat.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Spread 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce in bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange 3 noodles over tomato sauce. Top with half of eggplant mixture. Spread half of ricotta cheese mixture over eggplant mixture; sprinkle with 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Arrange 3 noodles and 1 cup of spaghetti sauce over cheese; cover with the remaining eggplant mixture. Top with remaining ricotta mixture. Spread pesto over ricotta; sprinkle with 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese. Cover with remaining 3 noodles.
- Spoon 1 cup spaghetti sauce over noodles. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Asiago cheese and remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 375° for 1 hour. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note