- 3 eggplants, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices (about 3 pounds)
- 3 zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/8-inch slices (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 red bell peppers, quartered and seeded
- 1 (15-ounce) container fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup grated Asiago cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 9 lasagna noodles, divided
- 1 (26-ounce) jar tomato-basil spaghetti sauce (such as Muir Glen), divided
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup commercial pesto (such as Alessi)
- calories 318
- caloriesfromfat 29 %
- fat 10.4 g
- satfat 4.2 g
- monofat 1.3 g
- polyfat 0.4 g
- protein 15.2 g
- carbohydrate 41.9 g
- fiber 3.2 g
- cholesterol 40 mg
- iron 2.7 mg
- sodium 728 mg
- calcium 269 mg
How to Make It
Coat eggplants and zucchini with cooking spray. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Grill eggplant and zucchini 1 1/2 minutes on each side or just until tender. Cool; combine in a large bowl.
Place bell peppers on grill, skin-side down; grill 3 minutes or until tender. Cut into (1-inch-wide) strips. Add bell peppers to eggplant mixture.
Combine ricotta cheese, egg, 1/2 cup Asiago cheese, basil, parsley, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
Cook the lasagna noodles according to package directions, omitting the salt and the fat.
Preheat oven to 375°.
Spread 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce in bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange 3 noodles over tomato sauce. Top with half of eggplant mixture. Spread half of ricotta cheese mixture over eggplant mixture; sprinkle with 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese.
Arrange 3 noodles and 1 cup of spaghetti sauce over cheese; cover with the remaining eggplant mixture. Top with remaining ricotta mixture. Spread pesto over ricotta; sprinkle with 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese. Cover with remaining 3 noodles.
Spoon 1 cup spaghetti sauce over noodles. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Asiago cheese and remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese.
Bake at 375° for 1 hour. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.