Grilled Vegetable Kebabs
These can be made 1 day ahead and reheated or served at room temperature. If you're using wooden skewers, soak them in water at least 30 minutes to prevent them from burning on the grill. Prep: 25 minutes, Cook: 10 minutes, Stand: 1 hour.
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 1-inch squares
- 3 portobello mushrooms, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Stir together balsamic vinegar and next 3 ingredients in a small bowl. Slowly whisk oil into marinade until blended.
- 2. Combine eggplant and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl. Pour marinade over vegetables, tossing to coat. Let stand, stirring occasionally, 1 hour.
- 3. Secure vegetable pieces onto 12 to 15 skewers, alternating eggplant, zucchini, peppers, and mushrooms.
- 4. Grill over medium-high heat about 5 minutes per side or until eggplant becomes tender and slightly browned. Arrange on a serving platter, and sprinkle evenly with basil and pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note