Grilled Vegetable and Goat Cheese Salad
The nut mix adds crunch and heat, pleasant foils to creamy goat cheese and sweet bell pepper. After grilling the veggies, reserve 2 bell pepper wedges and 2 eggplant slices for Sunday's hash.
This recipe goes with Steak Hash with Poached Eggs
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 292
- Fat: 14.2g
- Saturated fat: 5.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 12.1g
- Carbohydrate: 32.5g
- Fiber: 7.6g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- Iron: 3.5mg
- Sodium: 584mg
- Calcium: 110mg
- 1 (1-pound) eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 6 wedges
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 4 (1-ounce) slices ciabatta bread
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 (5-ounce) package fresh baby spinach
- 4 ounces goat cheese, cut into 4 slices
- 1/4 cup Sweet Chipotle Snack Mix
- 1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- 2. Place eggplant and bell pepper on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes on each side or until tender. Place bell pepper wedges in a zip-top plastic bag; seal. Let stand 15 minutes. Peel bell pepper wedges. Reserve 2 bell pepper wedges and 2 eggplant slices for Sunday's brunch. Coarsely chop remaining bell pepper and remaining eggplant. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- 3. Place bread slices on grill rack; grill 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- 4. Place remaining 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, vinegar, oil, mustard, and salt in a large bowl; stir well with a whisk. Add eggplant, bell pepper, arugula, tomatoes, and spinach; toss gently to combine. Arrange about 2 1/2 cups salad on each of 4 plates; top each serving with 1 goat cheese slice and 1 tablespoon Sweet Chipotle Snack Mix. Serve each salad with 1 toast slice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note