Delicious! Grilled and assembled this on a camping trip and it was a big hit. I am not a big eggplant fan, so I substituted zucchini instead--otherwise I made it exactly as is.
Grilled Vegetable and Goat Cheese Salad
The nut mix adds crunch and heat, pleasant foils to creamy goat cheese and sweet bell pepper. After grilling the veggies, reserve 2 bell pepper wedges and 2 eggplant slices for Sunday's hash.
This recipe goes with Steak Hash with Poached Eggs
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 292
- Fat: 14.2g
- Saturated fat: 5.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 12.1g
- Carbohydrate: 32.5g
- Fiber: 7.6g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- Iron: 3.5mg
- Sodium: 584mg
- Calcium: 110mg
- 1 (1-pound) eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 6 wedges
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 4 (1-ounce) slices ciabatta bread
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 (5-ounce) package fresh baby spinach
- 4 ounces goat cheese, cut into 4 slices
- 1/4 cup Sweet Chipotle Snack Mix
- 1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- 2. Place eggplant and bell pepper on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes on each side or until tender. Place bell pepper wedges in a zip-top plastic bag; seal. Let stand 15 minutes. Peel bell pepper wedges. Reserve 2 bell pepper wedges and 2 eggplant slices for Sunday's brunch. Coarsely chop remaining bell pepper and remaining eggplant. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- 3. Place bread slices on grill rack; grill 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- 4. Place remaining 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, vinegar, oil, mustard, and salt in a large bowl; stir well with a whisk. Add eggplant, bell pepper, arugula, tomatoes, and spinach; toss gently to combine. Arrange about 2 1/2 cups salad on each of 4 plates; top each serving with 1 goat cheese slice and 1 tablespoon Sweet Chipotle Snack Mix. Serve each salad with 1 toast slice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note