- 1 (1-pound) eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 6 wedges
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 4 (1-ounce) slices ciabatta bread
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 (5-ounce) package fresh baby spinach
- 4 ounces goat cheese, cut into 4 slices
- 1/4 cup Sweet Chipotle Snack Mix
- calories 292
- fat 14.2 g
- satfat 5.3 g
- monofat 6.2 g
- polyfat 1.2 g
- protein 12.1 g
- carbohydrate 32.5 g
- fiber 7.6 g
- cholesterol 13 mg
- iron 3.5 mg
- sodium 584 mg
- calcium 110 mg
How to Make It
Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
Place eggplant and bell pepper on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes on each side or until tender. Place bell pepper wedges in a zip-top plastic bag; seal. Let stand 15 minutes. Peel bell pepper wedges. Reserve 2 bell pepper wedges and 2 eggplant slices for Sunday's brunch. Coarsely chop remaining bell pepper and remaining eggplant. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
Place bread slices on grill rack; grill 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
Place remaining 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, vinegar, oil, mustard, and salt in a large bowl; stir well with a whisk. Add eggplant, bell pepper, arugula, tomatoes, and spinach; toss gently to combine. Arrange about 2 1/2 cups salad on each of 4 plates; top each serving with 1 goat cheese slice and 1 tablespoon Sweet Chipotle Snack Mix. Serve each salad with 1 toast slice.