Grilled Vegetable and Fontina Panini
These Italian sandwiches can be made using a grill pan or an indoor grill.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 sandwich)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 312
- Calories from fat: 34%
- Fat: 11.7g
- Saturated fat: 5.9g
- Protein: 13.7g
- Carbohydrate: 40.5g
- Fiber: 5.1g
- Cholesterol: 33mg
- Iron: 2.3mg
- Sodium: 885mg
- Calcium: 179mg
- Cooking spray
- 1 small eggplant, sliced crosswise into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup bottled roasted red bell peppers, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup fat-free zesty Italian dressing
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 (8-ounce) loaf ciabatta
- 4 ounces fontina cheese, sliced
- 1. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat; coat pan with cooking spray. Coat eggplant slices with cooking spray, and place in pan. Cook 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until tender.
- 2. Combine eggplant and next 4 ingredients in bowl, tossing to coat.
- 3. Slice ciabatta loaf in half lengthwise, cutting to, but not through, other side.
- 4. Arrange vegetable mixture evenly over bottom half of bread; top with cheese and top half of bread. Cut into 4 equal servings.
- 5. Place sandwiches in grill pan over medium-high heat. Place a piece of foil over sandwiches; top with a heavy skillet to press sandwiches. Cook 2 minutes. Turn sandwiches; replace foil and heavy skillet. Cook 2 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note