Grilled Vegetable Dip with Pita Chips
Yield: Serves: 12
Cost per Serving: $.66
More From Allyou
Bake: 12 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 135
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 2g
- Carbohydrate: 14g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 185mg
- 1 small eggplant (about 1 lb.)
- 1 large red onion
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded
- 7 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 small clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh oregano or 1/4 tsp. dried
- Salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3 6-inch regular or whole-wheat pitas
- Fresh oregano for garnish, optional
- 1. Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high. Cut eggplant lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick slices, discarding end slices that are mostly peel. Slice onion into 1/2-inch-thick rounds. Cut bell pepper lengthwise into 2-inch-wide slices.
- 2. Brush vegetables on both sides with 3 Tbsp. olive oil and grill, working in batches if necessary, until charred on both sides and cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- 3. When cool enough to handle, coarsely chop vegetables and transfer to a food processor along with 1 Tbsp. olive oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Pulse until mixture is finely chopped with some texture remaining. Taste and season with additional salt and pepper, if necessary. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- 4. Preheat oven to 350°F. In a small bowl, stir together paprika, cumin and 1/2 tsp. salt. Cut each pita into 8 triangles. Separate each triangle into 2 pieces. Arrange triangles in a single layer on 2 large baking sheets. Lightly drizzle with remaining 3 Tbsp. olive oil and sprinkle with spice mix. Bake until crisp and golden brown, about 12 minutes. Serve dip at room temperature with pita chips.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note