- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted
- 1 (1-ounce) package fresh basil, stems removed
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 (1-pound) eggplant, cut diagonally into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- Cooking spray
- 1 pound zucchini, diagonally cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 pound yellow squash, diagonally cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 (12-inch) metal skewers
- 5 ounces bocconcini mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- calories 295
- fat 21.2 g
- satfat 6.4 g
- monofat 10 g
- polyfat 3.7 g
- protein 14.6 g
- carbohydrate 17 g
- fiber 5.3 g
- cholesterol 21 mg
- iron 1.3 mg
- sodium 389 mg
- calcium 330 mg
How to Make It
To prepare pesto, drop garlic through food chute with food processor on; process until minced. Add walnuts and basil; process until finely ground. Add cheese and next 3 ingredients (through water); process until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl; cover and chill.
To prepare salad, preheat grill to medium-high heat.
Place eggplant and onion on grill rack coated with cooking spray; cover and grill 6 to 8 minutes or until tender. Remove from grill.
Place zucchini and yellow squash on grill rack; cover and grill 4 to 6 minutes or until tender. Remove from grill.
Thread tomatoes evenly onto skewers; coat with cooking spray. Place skewers on grill rack; cover and grill 5 to 7 minutes or until tender. Remove tomatoes from skewers.
Arrange vegetables, tomatoes, and cheese on a large platter; drizzle 1/2 cup pesto over salad, and sprinkle with salt. Serve with remaining pesto.