Grilled Vegetable, Arugula, and Yellow Tomato Salad
Photo: Jeff Kauck; Styling: Andrea Kuhn
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 88
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 2.7g
- Saturated fat: 0.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 2.2g
- Carbohydrate: 15.8g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 230mg
- Calcium: 55mg
- 2 large red bell peppers (about 12 ounces)
- Cooking spray
- 1 large Vidalia or other sweet onion, cut into (1/4-inch-thick) slices (about 10 ounces)
- 6 cups loosely packed trimmed arugula (about 10 ounces)
- 3 yellow tomatoes, each cut into 8 wedges (about 12 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extravirgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare grill.
- Cut bell peppers in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes. Place bell pepper halves, skin sides down, on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 5 minutes on each side or until blackened. Place in a zip-top plastic bag; seal. Let stand 10 minutes. Peel and cut bell peppers into strips.
- Place onion on grill; grill 7 minutes on each side or until tender. Cool 5 minutes; cut onion slices in half.
- Combine bell peppers, onion, arugula, and tomatoes in a large bowl; toss gently to combine.
- Combine shallots and the remaining ingredients, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle dressing over salad; toss gently to coat. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Grilled Vegetable, Arugula, and Yellow Tomato Salad Recipe at a Glance