- 2 large red bell peppers (about 12 ounces)
- Cooking spray
- 1 large Vidalia or other sweet onion, cut into (1/4-inch-thick) slices (about 10 ounces)
- 6 cups loosely packed trimmed arugula (about 10 ounces)
- 3 yellow tomatoes, each cut into 8 wedges (about 12 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extravirgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- calories 88
- caloriesfromfat 28 %
- fat 2.7 g
- satfat 0.4 g
- monofat 1.7 g
- polyfat 0.5 g
- protein 2.2 g
- carbohydrate 15.8 g
- fiber 2.5 g
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
- iron 1 mg
- sodium 230 mg
- calcium 55 mg
How to Make It
Cut bell peppers in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes. Place bell pepper halves, skin sides down, on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 5 minutes on each side or until blackened. Place in a zip-top plastic bag; seal. Let stand 10 minutes. Peel and cut bell peppers into strips.
Place onion on grill; grill 7 minutes on each side or until tender. Cool 5 minutes; cut onion slices in half.
Combine bell peppers, onion, arugula, and tomatoes in a large bowl; toss gently to combine.
Combine shallots and the remaining ingredients, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle dressing over salad; toss gently to coat. Serve immediately.