Grilled Veal Chops with Prosciutto Tomato Sauce
The sauce that's served with these chops is as versatile as it is quick to make. Try it over pasta or any grilled meat.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 181
- Fat: 5.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 25.2g
- Carbohydrate: 6.9g
- Cholesterol: 91mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 739mg
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Calcium: 40mg
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups chopped tomato (about 2 medium)
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 ounce very thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into thin strips
- 4 (6-ounce) bone-in veal chops
- Cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- Prepare grill.
- . Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté 3 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add wine; bring to a boil, and cook 2 minutes or until most of liquid evaporates. Stir in tomato, capers, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and prosciutto; bring to a boil. Remove from heat; keep warm.
- . Sprinkle veal chops with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Place chops on grill rack coated with cooking spray; cover and grill 6 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Spoon sauce over chops; sprinkle with parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note