Grilled Veal Chops with Artichoke-Arugula Salad
Prep: 12 minutes; Cook: 8 minutes; other: 1 hour
Italians have a love for bitter greens such as arugula, which grows wild in Italy. The intense peppery-mustard flavor of arugula works nicely with these simple grilled veal chops, creating a meal worthy of company with minimal effort. Prepare the veal chops up to four hours ahead, and grill them just before you're ready to eat.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 356
- Fat: 22.2g
- Saturated fat: 6.1g
- Protein: 28.3g
- Carbohydrate: 10.2g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Cholesterol: 100mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 774mg
- Calcium: 87mg
- 4 (7-ounce) veal loin chops (about 1/2 inch thick)
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Cooking Spray
- 1 (5-ounce) package baby arugula or spinach
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke bottoms, drained and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1. Sprinkle veal chops evenly with 1/2 teaspoon pepper and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Combine 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil, lemon rind, and garlic; rub over veal chops. Cover and chill 1 to 4 hours.
- 2. Prepare grill.
- 3. Place veal chops on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
- 4. While veal grills, combine arugula, artichokes, and walnuts in a bowl. Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon each of pepper and salt, remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, and lemon juice; drizzle over salad, and toss well. Serve immediately with veal chops.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note