Grilled Turmeric and Lemongrass Chicken Wings
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) canned unsweetended coconut milk
- 3 sprig(s) shallots chopped
- 3 whole(s) garlic cloves
- 2 sprig(s) lemon grass stalks tough outer layers removed finely chopped
- 2 whole(s) jalapenos stemmed
- 1 piece(s) 1" piece ginger peeled
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoon(s) tamarind juice concertrate
- 1 tablespoon(s) fish sauce nuoc nam or nam pla
- 2 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) turmeric
- 3 pound(s) whole chicken wings
- 4 whole(s) limes cut into wedges
- Combine cocnut milk, shallots,garlic,lemongrass,jalapenos,ginger,lime juice, tamarind juice, fish sauce,kosher salt, tumeric, and 1 cup water in a blender.Puree mixture until a smooth marinade forms.
- Place chicken wings in a large baking dish. Pour marinade over tunring wings to coat evenly. Cover chicken and chill overnight.
- Remove chicken from marinade. shaking any excess marinade back into dish. Transfer chicken to a large platter. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Transfer marinade to a large saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to meduim-low and simmer, stirring occasionally. Untill marinade thickens,10-15 minutes. Pour half of marinade into a small bowl; set aside for basting chicken while it grills, keep remaining marinade in saucepan; cover and keep warm until ready to servce the chicken.
- Build a medium fire in a charcoal grill, or heat a gas grill to medium-high oil grill grates to preven sticking. Grill chicken wings, turning every 5 minutes and basting occasionally with marinade in a small bowl, until fat is rendered and skin is nicely charred in spots, 30-35 minutes. ( They key here is to turn the wings often so the skin doesnt burn.)
- Continue cooking chicken without basting ( so it will get Crisp ) until wings are cooked through, about 10 minutes longer.
- Transfer chicken to a large platter and let it rest for 5 minutes. Squeeze lime wedges over wings. Tranfer marinade in saucepam to a small bowl. Serve wam marinade alongside chicken as a dipping sauce.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by shr99lr and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note