I like that this turkey burger has veggies added to it, but it was a little on the salty side for me next time, I'll only add 1/4 - 1/2 tsp. kosher salt.
Grilled Turkey and Zucchini Burgers
Reader Tara Kulikov, of San Luis Obispo, California, gave us this recipe for a twist on summer burgers. Her addition of shredded zucchini makes them the juiciest turkey burgers we've tried.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 312
- Calories from fat: 35%
- Protein: 20g
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 2.4g
- Carbohydrate: 31g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Sodium: 657mg
- Cholesterol: 56mg
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded
- 5 large cremini mushrooms, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 medium white onion, sliced into rounds
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 sourdough English muffins, split
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 1. Heat a grill to medium (350° to 450°). Mix turkey, zucchini, mushrooms, salt, pepper, ketchup, mustard, and 1 tbsp. water in a medium bowl. Form into 6 patties.
- 2. Brush patties and onion rings with oil. Grill both, turning once, until burgers are cooked through, about 8 minutes, and onion rings are starting to brown, about 3 minutes. In last few minutes, toast muffins on grill.
- 3. Assemble burgers on muffins with lettuce, onion, and any additional toppings you like.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note