Simple, fresh and tasty. We added some leftover prosciutto, which took it up a notch.
Grilled Turkey-Plum Sandwiches
Grilled Turkey-Plum Sandwiches loses the bland cold cuts, and upgrades to thick grilled turkey cutlets with toppings of sweet plums and fresh basil.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 292
- Fat: 6.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Protein: 28.9g
- Carbohydrate: 28.7g
- Fiber: 4.7g
- Cholesterol: 53mg
- Iron: 2.6mg
- Sodium: 631mg
- Calcium: 74mg
- 2 1/2 tablespoons canola mayonnaise (such as Hellmann's)
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 (1-ounce) slices country-style whole-grain bread
- Cooking spray
- 12 ounces turkey cutlets (about 1/4 inch thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium ripe black plums, pitted and thinly sliced
- 16 basil leaves
- 1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a small bowl; stir well. Set mixture aside.
- 2. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Place 4 bread slices in a single layer on grill pan; grill 3 minutes on one side or until grill marks appear. Remove bread from grill pan. Repeat procedure with remaining bread.
- 3. Coat grill pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle turkey evenly with salt. Add turkey to pan; grill 3 minutes or until done, turning after 1 1/2 minutes.
- 4. Spread 2 teaspoons mayonnaise mixture over untoasted side of each of 4 bread slices; top each serving with about 2 1/4 ounces turkey. Divide plum slices evenly among sandwiches; top each serving with 4 basil leaves. Top sandwiches with remaining 4 bread slices.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note