- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, loosely packed
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons peeled, minced gingerroot, divided
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 6 (4-ounce) tuna steaks (3/4 inch thick)
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup dark sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Fresh cilantro sprigs (optional)
- calories 310
- caloriesfromfat 57 %
- fat 19.5 g
- satfat 8.9 g
- monofat 0.0 g
- polyfat 0.0 g
- protein 27.4 g
- carbohydrate 5.5 g
- fiber 0.0 g
- cholesterol 75 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 442 mg
- calcium 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Position knife blade in food processor bowl; add butter, 1/4 cup cilantro, 2 teaspoons gingerroot, and garlic. Process until smooth. Shape mixture into a log. Wrap in wax paper, and chill until firm.
Place tuna steaks in a shallow dish. Combine remaining 2 tablespoons gingerroot, brown sugar, and next 6 ingredients in a medium bowl; pour over tuna steaks. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes, turning once.
Remove tuna steaks from marinade, reserving marinade. Place grill rack on grill over medium-hot coals (350° to 400°). Place tuna on rack; grill, covered, 4 to 6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Transfer tuna to serving plates.
Divide chilled butter mixture into 6 pieces; place 1 piece of butter mixture on each tuna steak. Garnish with fresh cilantro sprigs, if desired.