ok I didn't have 1/2 of the ingredients--only an orange and 1 yellow onion-- and it came out great. Plus I am not very good at reading directions, but I loved the idea Here's how I made it: Squeezed the juice from orange into sauce pan, added soy sauce and squirt of lime juice, drop of sesame oil. Reduced those down. In seperate pan sautee julian cut onions with a little olive oil and 1/4 of orange juice reduction until clear. Sear salt and peppered tuna steaks in pan with onions both sides until cooked to desired temp. Remove tuna. Pour the rest of the orange juice reduction in with onions and caramelized. Place caramelized onions on top of tuna. I placed tuna on bed of pesto pasta. Sweet, tangy and yummy.
Grilled Tuna Steaks with Pineapple Salsa
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 243
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 31.4g
- Carbohydrate: 17.8g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 57mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 538mg
- Calcium: 49mg
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2-inch-thick rings
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- Cooking spray
- 4 (6-ounce) tuna steaks
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3/8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded and minced
- 4 mint sprigs (optional)
- 1. Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- 2. Boil orange juice in a small saucepan 15 minutes or until reduced to 1/4 cup. Transfer to a small bowl; stir in soy sauce.
- 3. Place pineapple and onion on a grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 5 minutes on each side or until the onion is tender. Remove from grill; let stand 5 minutes. Coarsely chop, and transfer to a bowl.
- 4. Brush both sides of fish evenly with oil; sprinkle evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Place fish on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; brush with half of juice mixture. Grill 3 minutes; turn fish over. Brush fish with remaining juice mixture; grill 3 minutes or until desired degree of doneness.
- 5. Add the remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper, basil, and next 3 ingredients (through serrano) to pineapple mixture; toss. Serve with fish; garnish with mint sprigs, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note