Grilled Tuna Steaks with Cucumber–Pickled Ginger Relish
The pickled ginger adds a sweet, spicy bite to the cucumber relish. Prepare the relish while the tuna grills. Make a quick side by steaming snow peas in the microwave. Serve with Wasabi Ice Cream with Honey for a delightful end to this Asian-inspired meal.
Prep: 9 minutes; Cook: 6 minutes
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 257
- Calories from fat: 18%
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 40.2g
- Carbohydrate: 8.8g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 77mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 360mg
- Calcium: 49mg
- 4 (6-ounce) tuna steaks (about 1 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup diced seeded peeled cucumber
- 6 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 6 tablespoons pickled ginger, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1. Prepare grill.
- 2. Brush steaks with oil; sprinkle evenly with pepper and salt. Place fish on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 3 minutes on each side or until medium-rare or until desired degree of doneness.
- 3. While fish cooks, combine cucumber and remaining 4 ingredients in a medium bowl, tossing well. Serve relish over fish.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note