Perfect and I can see the Chile-Cilantro Mayonnaise going with many other things like fish tacos.
Grilled Tuna Sandwiches with Onions, Bell Peppers, and Chile-Cilantro Mayonnaise
The tangy citrus quality of the mayonnaise pairs well with the grilled tuna--a favorite of Marianne Legato. When the weather is nice, prepare this on the grill. Red bell peppers are a good source of antioxidant beta-carotene, and the amount of bell peppers in just one sandwich delivers almost a whole day's requirement for vitamin C.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 434
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fat: 11.7g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 38.9g
- Carbohydrate: 41.8g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Cholesterol: 64mg
- Iron: 3.4mg
- Sodium: 888mg
- Calcium: 119mg
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon ground ancho chile pepper
- 1 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper
- 5 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 4 (1/4-inch-thick) slices Oso Sweet or other sweet onion
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 (5-ounce) tuna steaks (about 3/4 inch thick)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (2-ounce) sandwich buns
- 4 red leaf lettuce leaves
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a small bowl.
- Brush 3 teaspoons oil evenly over onion and bell pepper; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Place onion and bell pepper on grill pan; cook 3 1/2 minutes on each side or until tender. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- Brush 2 teaspoons oil evenly over tuna; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, cumin, and black pepper. Place tuna on grill pan; cook 3 1/2 minutes on each side or until medium-rare or desired degree of doneness.
- Split buns in half horizontally. Spread mayonnaise mixture evenly over cut sides of buns. Top bottom half of each bun with lettuce, 1 bell pepper quarter, 1 onion slice, and 1 tuna steak. Cover with top halves of buns.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note