- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon ground ancho chile pepper
- 1 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper
- 5 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 4 (1/4-inch-thick) slices Oso Sweet or other sweet onion
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 (5-ounce) tuna steaks (about 3/4 inch thick)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (2-ounce) sandwich buns
- 4 red leaf lettuce leaves
- calories 434
- caloriesfromfat 24 %
- fat 11.7 g
- satfat 1.8 g
- monofat 5.8 g
- polyfat 1.6 g
- protein 38.9 g
- carbohydrate 41.8 g
- fiber 3.4 g
- cholesterol 64 mg
- iron 3.4 mg
- sodium 888 mg
- calcium 119 mg
How to Make It
Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
Combine first 6 ingredients in a small bowl.
Brush 3 teaspoons oil evenly over onion and bell pepper; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Place onion and bell pepper on grill pan; cook 3 1/2 minutes on each side or until tender. Remove from pan; keep warm.
Brush 2 teaspoons oil evenly over tuna; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, cumin, and black pepper. Place tuna on grill pan; cook 3 1/2 minutes on each side or until medium-rare or desired degree of doneness.
Split buns in half horizontally. Spread mayonnaise mixture evenly over cut sides of buns. Top bottom half of each bun with lettuce, 1 bell pepper quarter, 1 onion slice, and 1 tuna steak. Cover with top halves of buns.