- 4 (1/2-inch-thick) tuna steaks (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (optional)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- Rub tuna with 1 tablespoon olive oil, and sprinkle salt and pepper evenly on both sides of tuna.
- Grill, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 5 minutes on each side or until tuna reaches desired degree of doneness.
- Brush bread slices with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, and grill 1 minute on each side or until golden.
- Flake tuna; combine with ground red pepper, if desired, and next 4 ingredients. Spread tuna mixture evenly on 1 side each of 4 bread slices; top with tomato and avocado slices. Cover with remaining 4 bread slices.
- Note: The tuna steaks may be broiled, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches