Grilled Tuna and Pearl Barley Niçoise
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons anchovy paste
- 2 teaspoons herbes de Provence
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh basil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked pearl barley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound green beans
- 2 tablespoons cracked pepper
- 6 (3/4-inch-thick) tuna steaks (about 2 pounds)
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/2 purple onion, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 6 plum tomatoes, cut into wedges (about 3/4 pound)
- 30 niçoise olives
- Bibb lettuce leaves
- Whisk together first 7 ingredients in a small bowl. Set dressing aside.
- Bring 4 cups water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add barley and salt; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 45 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes. Drain, if necessary. Stir in 1/3 cup dressing, reserving remainder.
- Cook beans in boiling water until crisp-tender; drain. Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain and set aside.
- Press cracked pepper over tuna. Grill, covered with grill lid, over high heat (400° to 500°) 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
- Arrange tuna, barley, green beans, egg slices, and next 4 ingredients onto lettuce-lined plates. Drizzle with reserved dressing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This