Delicious! I will definitely make this again! I added a little extra Italian Dressing on the top, and instead of capers, I diced sweet onions.
Grilled Tuna Niçoise Salad
Niçoise olives are smaller than the more familiar green or ripe black olives. If you can't find niçoise, choose kalamata olives (they're available with and without pits). Total time: 20 minutes.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 437
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Fat: 10.6g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.5g
- Protein: 57.3g
- Carbohydrate: 26.1g
- Fiber: 6.2g
- Cholesterol: 152mg
- Iron: 4.2mg
- Sodium: 706mg
- Calcium: 146mg
- 3/4 pound small red potatoes
- 1/2 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat Italian dressing
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh or 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 4 (6-ounce) tuna steaks (about 3/4 inch thick)
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 hard-cooked large egg, chopped
- 16 niçoise olives
- 2 tablespoons capers
- Prepare grill to high heat.
- Scrub potatoes. Place wet potatoes in an 8-inch square baking dish; cover with wax paper. Microwave at high 3 minutes. Add beans to dish; cover. Microwave at high 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender; drain. Rinse with cold water.
- While vegetables cook, combine the dressing and tarragon. Set aside 1/4 cup dressing mixture; brush remaining dressing mixture over fish. Grill steaks over high heat 3 minutes on each side or until medium-rare (140º to 145º) or desired degree of doneness. (Do not overcook or fish will be tough.)
- Arrange greens on 4 serving plates. Drain potatoes and green beans; thinly slice potatoes. Arrange potatoes, green beans, egg, and olives over greens. Top each salad with a steak; sprinkle with capers. Drizzle with reserved dressing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note