I have been making this salad for over 10 years and it is still one of my favorites. The dressing is excellent.
Grilled Tuna Niçoise
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 299
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fat: 8.6g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Protein: 19.8g
- Carbohydrate: 37.2g
- Fiber: 6.9g
- Cholesterol: 21mg
- Iron: 4.7mg
- Sodium: 458mg
- Calcium: 104mg
- 4 cups cubed red potato (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 1/2 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1 (8-ounce) tuna steak (about 3/4 inch thick)
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup vertically sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 cups gourmet salad greens
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup niçoise olives
- Cook the potato in boiling water for 6 minutes or until tender; remove with a slotted spoon. Add green beans to boiling water, and cook 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.
- Prepare grill or broiler.
- Place the fish on a grill rack or broiler pan coated with cooking spray; cook for 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Cut the fish into 1-inch chunks.
- Combine potato, fish, onion, parsley, and tarragon in a large bowl. Combine the broth and next 5 ingredients (broth through pepper); stir well with a whisk. Pour 1/2 cup broth mixture over potato mixture, and toss well.
- Divide beans, greens, and tomatoes evenly among 4 plates. Top each serving with 1 1/2 cups potato mixture and 1 tablespoon olives. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of remaining broth mixture over each serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This